Friday, May 30, 2014

The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion

Date Started: May 28, 2014
Date Finished: May 29, 2014

I wasn't sure what to make of this book when I started reading it. I think I had been expecting something different (to be fair, I think I got this on some kind of kindle deal so I might not have read the information quite as closely as usual). But after a tentative start, I have to say that I really enjoyed this book!

It is apparent from basically the first paragraph that our narrator, Don, has Aspergers (which he clearly has not understood himself yet). Then into his life comes Rosie, who throws his carefully scheduled, perfectly predictable life into utter chaos. Of course for the best. They go on a search for her biological father and what do you know? He falls in love. (He also finally figures out that he has Aspergers).

I really grew to like Don through the story - he's clearly a character that takes some warming up but once you do, you really root for him. Surprisingly, at least given my reaction to the first few chapters, I would definitely recommend this one. Aren't surprises nice? Don would maybe agree.

No comments: