Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Oops

Ugh. I've done it again. Have't summarized right after reading and now I'm too far gone. In the last month I read:

Book of Life - Deborah Harkness (conclusion of the All Souls Trilogy) - 3 days to read; it was amazing. Everything I hoped for in the conclusion of this series. If you haven't been convinced to read these yet I don't know what to say to you. Seriously, go read these books.

Bliss House - Laura Benedict - 3 days to read. It was good. Thriller with a compelling plot. Good beach read. Thought it lacked some character development but overall a nice change of pace for me. (Side Note: I find it hard to get behind characters with sex addiction and/or those who stay with them - if you're gonna convince me on this point you're gonna have to do a really good job of it. Not sure this one got there on this point.)

Inamorata - Megan Chance - 3 days to read. Liked that it was set in Venice - it was fun returning there, even if only via literature. The premise - that a succubus exists and inspires and then drains her victims, was pretty unique. The twins at the center of the story - Sophie and Joseph - were interesting...though the "did they or didn't they" got kind of tiring. Liked how it ended - it kind of surprised me, and I had thought the end would be predictable, so that was nice.

Got to get back on track with these things!

No comments: