Friday, October 3, 2014

September Books

I swear I have to stop doing this. Here are the books I read in September. Click the link for the spoilers/my thoughts:

1. The Trials of the Honorable Mr. Darcy - Sara Angelini

2. Little Bee - Chris Cleave

3. The Witch With No Name (The Hollows Book 13) - Kim Harrison




The Trials of the Honorable Mr. Darcy - Sara Angelini

  • Took me about 2 days to finish
  • Was a loaner from a  friend; not sure I would have selected this one on my own.
  • Found the names distracting; as someone who has read Pride and Prejudice many times, the characters of Elizabeth and Darcy are just so...set. I found this somewhat difficult to read because every time I looked at their names I found myself thinking about the original book and THOSE characters rather than these. 
  • Did NOT know this was a steamy book. And I do mean steamy. Large, large portions of the book are devoted to sex scenes. All well and good if thats what you're expecting, somewhat surprising when you're not!
Little Bee - Chris Cleave
  • Wow, this is just super depressing.
  • Not sure who I would recommend this to. Someone who is too happy?
  • Basically almost nothing good happens to any of the characters. Except the kid whose father committed suicide. By Little Bee helping him for a while he seems to get better. Yay?
  • Well written and in a very convincing voice, but still. Just ugh, so sad.
The Witch With No Name (The Hollows Book 13) - Kim Harrison
  • What an incredible ending to this series. 
  • I cannot believe that it's over - these books were always something to look forward to for me. But what a fantastic ending. Trent and Rachel are together, Ivy has her soul (and Nina's to boot), Rachel saved the demons who are now free to come and go in this world and their new Ever After, everything ended on a great note. Seriously, I ended the book with a smile on my face - exactly what you want after the time commitment of 13 books! Well done! 

No comments: