Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Puppy That Came for Christmas: How a Dog Brought One Family the Gift of Joy - Megan Rix

Date Started: 12/27/11
Date Finished: 12/28/11

One-Word Summary: Puppies!

This one was a stocking gift and needless to say I figured I would finish it before heading home (I'm currently visiting the family) - and that way I can leave it here. I'm a softie for animal tales so I knew I would enjoy this little book, even though it looks like the book equivalent of a made-for-tv-movie.


Basically this is the author's tale of training puppies for disabled people while dealing with her infertility and attempts to have a baby. The language is simple but the story is sweet. As a person who has had dogs for much of my life, it was fun reading about her experience welcoming a puppy into her home for the first time. And it was heartbreaking reading about how she felt when she had to give little Emma (her first trained puppy) back to the charity so that the dog could move on to the next stage of her training. No surprise that after two puppies she and her husband decided to get their OWN puppy that they could keep.

This book wasn't rocket-science but it was a fun little read while I was at home.

No comments: